WBCO is now accepting applications for the 2020-2021 West Broadway Small Grants Fund. Apply anytime! Note that all projects must be completed and reports submitted BEFORE March 15, 2021. Application instructions are provided below:
What is the Small Grants Fund?
The purpose of the West Broadway Small Grant Fund is to support community building and community connecting projects that enhance the wellbeing of the West Broadway neighbourhood. Some examples of eligible projects include community clean-up events, community gardening initiatives, local newsletters, cultural programs, communication and networking activities, community celebrations, and programs for seniors, isolated adults, and youth.
Successful small grants will:
- Enhance the strength and cohesion of the community
- Emphasize community building and connecting activities
- Reflect the goals of West Broadway’s current Five-Year Community Plan (2016-2021)
- Be sponsored by local groups or organizations (not individuals)
- Not be used for capital improvements to private property
- Projects involving use of private or public property should have the written permission of the owners or the municipality
- Take place within the West Broadway neighbourhood
- Have provided complete and satisfactory reporting on past projects
Please note: modest honourariums for facilitators may be eligible while payments of wages or stipends to participants are NOT eligible.
Who can Apply?
Grants are available to groups and organizations located within West Broadway. The West Broadway community includes the area between Maryland in the west, Osborne in the east, Portage in the north, and Cornish in the south. These boundaries also extend to include the area around Gordon Bell High School, Westminster Church and Mulvey School.
Size of Grants:
Local organizations can apply for funds up to a maximum of $5,000 per year.
Who will decide?
West Broadway Community Organization’s Small Grants Committee, made up of members of the organization’s Board of Directors, will work with WBCO staff to review applications and make recommendations for approval. The committee meets regularly and allocates funds based on the needs of the community, the quality of the application, and the track-record of the sponsoring organization or group.
Download the WB-Small-Grant-app-2020-21 or pick up a hard copy from West Broadway Community Organization (note -COVID restrictions in effect, please email email@example.com for physical copy)
Each grant recipient is required to complete a Small Grant REPORT 2020-21 after the project is completed. ALL REPORTS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY MARCH 15, 2021.
Greg MacPherson, firstname.lastname@example.org, 204-774-7201 EXT 5