200 Young Street
3 public pick plots, 31 community plots, 11 common garden areas and 50+ gardeners and volunteers
Previously the site of derelict and demolished rooming houses, this site became a City of Winnipeg Park following community consultation. It has been supported as a community garden by WBCO since 2003. City water is accessed on site and there are six compost bins next to the water shed.
The name Spirit Park comes from an aboriginal village that was located at the junction of Spence, Young and Portage until 1901. It is believed by residents that the spirits of those who lived in the village remain on the site still.
Across the back lane from the property is a tot lot with a play structure, raspberry bushes and native plants.