West Broadway has a total of 28 community compost bins at 8 sites throughout the neighbourhood.
View Map Here: compost bin map 2012
Community composting in West Broadway was featured on CKUW on May 6th. Listen to the interview online.
Tips for Community Composting
- No bags or other compostable plastics please – they don’t break down in our bins, and make things really smelly!
- No meat, dairy products, bones, or oils
- Cover your waste with a handful of leaves from the leaf bin
- Chop your waste into smaller pieces so that it breaks down more quickly
- Post this useful resource on your fridge: What Can I Compost?
To learn more about composting activities in West Broadway, read our 2012-2013 Report.
September, 2013 – Harvesting Compost Workshop
August, 2013 – Composting Workshop for Youth
July, 2013 – Community Composting Workshop
December, 2012 – Green Holidays – a Waste Reduction Workshop
November, 2012 – Winter Composting Workshop, New Site Construction with Ernst & Young Volunteers
October, 2012 – Master Composter Course
August, 2012 – Vermicomposting Workshop
June, 2012 – Backyard Composting Workshop
May, 2012 – Apartment Composting Launch: Greenheart Housing Co-op